A refreshing, slightly spicy Korean drink that is good both hot and cold, Soo Jung Gwa can also be served as a dessert drink.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 10 cups water
- 10 cinnamon sticks
- 1/3 cup sliced and peeled ginger
- 3 dried persimmons, with stems removed
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Pine nuts, for garnish
- In a pot, bring water, cinnamon, and ginger to a boil.
- Simmer vigorously for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, strain and discard solids, and stir in sugar to dissolve.
- Place persimmons into liquid and steep for at least two hours or store in refrigerator to serve cold.
- To serve, ladle punch into small bowls or teacups and garnish with a few pine nuts per serving. (You can remove persimmons or slice and add to drink).