Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 5 yuja fruits (citron or yuzu), scrubbed clean.
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup honey
- Slice the yuja fruits thinly and quarter. Leave the peel intact but remove the seeds.
- Dissolve the honey in very warm water, making a thick syrup.
- Add the yuja fruit slices to the mixture, mixing to combine into yuja chung (yuja marmalade).
- Keep in a closed container at room temperature for one day and then store in refrigerator.
- To make tea, dissolve one spoonful of yuja chung into one cup of water.
*When you drink the tea, you also eat the bits and pieces of yuja fruit and rind that come your way.