This spicy Korean pickled squid (ojinguh jut) packs a lot of flavor, so it's the perfect accompaniment to a traditional Korean meal with rice and soup or stew.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 24 hours
Total Time: 24 hours, 30 minutes
- 2 med - large squid
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 4 Tbsp chili pepper paste (kochujang)
- 1 Tbsp chili pepper powder (kochukaru)
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp soju
- 2 tsp vinegar
- Wash and rinse squid thoroughly, pulling off the skin.
- Cut into thin strips, about 2 inches long.
- In glass bowl, cover squid strips with salt.
- Let stand for at least 40 minutes.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Cover and store in refrigerator overnight.
- Combine all other ingredients for sauce.
- In a saucepot, simmer sauce on the stove for 2 minutes.
- Let the sauce cool.
- Combine squid with the sauce mixture until well-coated.
- Cover and store at room temperature for at least 12 hours.
- Serve immediately or store squid in the refrigerator.