Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Korean fine red pepper flakes (kochukaru)
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 3 scallions, chopped
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 lb seafood (shrimp or squid, frozen seafood mix, scallops, etc)
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 oz greens (red or green leaf lettuce head or bag of mesclun salad all work well)
- sliced cucumber (optional)
- tobiko (optional garnish)
- Blanch seafood for 1-3 minutes until cooked.*
- Drain seafood and set aside to cool down.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients until combined.
- Mix half the dressing with seafood.
- Assemble greens with sliced onion and cucumber or any other vegetables using.
- Toss vegetables with dressing if everyone eating can handle the spice. Otherwise, serve dressing in a separate bowl on the side.
- Cover with dressed seafood and tobiko garnish (if using).
(Serves 6 as a side)
* Be careful here, as seafood gets tough and terrible when overcooked. Squid takes less than 1 minute to blanch and shrimp around 2 minutes.