Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- Bulgogi marinade for 1 lb of meat (approx 1 cup)
- 1 pound sliced beef *
- Prepare Bulgogi marinade according to directions.
- If beef is not sliced, slice into thin, finger-length strips (if you freeze the beef for 15 minutes, it will be easier to slice).
- If you can, ask the butcher at the meat counter to slice for you in very thin strips. Korean and/or Asian grocery stores will often have meat for Bulgogi pre-sliced for sale.
- Mix marinade into meat with hands or chopsticks, making sure all the meat is covered.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight. For tougher cuts, the more hours, the better. You can also freeze the uncooked marinated beef in small amounts for later use.
- Grill, broil, or stir fry the beef until well-done and carmelized on the outside.
- Serve with rice, lettuce leaves, and side dishes.
*Top sirloin or tenderloin work best, but almost any steak cut will do. The best quality meat will obviously taste the best.