- 2 pounds chicken wings and drumettes
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 6 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp red pepper paste (kochujang)
- Mix all ingredients together for the sauce (everything but the chicken).
- Marinate chicken for at least an hour in the sauce (a few hours is better).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a heated pan on the stove, brown the chicken on all sides, reserving the marinade for later.
- Transfer chicken wings and drumsticks to a shallow roasting pan, pouring sauce over pieces.
- Put chicken into preheated oven.
- Turn once during cooking, covering with more sauce if needed.
- Cook chicken for a total of 40-50 minutes in the oven.