This recipe for dongchimi noodles (dongchimi gooksu) can take between 10 minutes and 3 days to prepare. If you buy the dongchimi (the best way I can describe it clearly is to call it white radish water kimchi) ready-made or you already have it in your fridge, then this recipe takes about 10 minutes. If you are starting from scratch, then it takes about 3 days for the dongchimi to reach the correct flavor. It's worth it though, as the end result is a tart, refreshing bowl of cold noodles.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 20 oz Dongchimi kimchi and broth
- 10 oz wheat flour Asian noodles (somen)
- Boil noodles according to package directions.
- Cool noodles under cold running water.
- Ladle dongchimi kimchi into individual bowls, making sure to use a generous amount of liquid.
- Add noodles to individual bowls.