This is the basic marinade recipe for Korean barbecued meats. This marinade makes enough for 1 pound of meat. I usually triple this recipe and keep it stored for use on anything from chicken drumsticks to sliced steak.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 Tbsp chopped garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed juice from an Asian pear
- 1 Tbsp Japanese rice wine (mirin)*
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 3 green onions, finely chopped (including white part)
- 1 tsp pepper
- Mix marinade together until sugar and honey are dissolved/distributed.
- Can be stored in refrigerator or freezer for use on beef, pork, and chicken.
*If you don't have access to the rice wine, a splash of dry white wine will also work here.