One of the most popular side dishes, Sookju Namul (Korean Mung Bean Sprout Salad) can complement almost any Korean meal. It is delicious, fresh, healthy and easy to make.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 lb mung bean sprouts, rinsed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 finely chopped scallion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Parboil bean sprouts in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Rinse in cold water.
- Squeeze bean sprouts between your hands to get rid of excess water.
- Toss the bean sprouts with seasoning ingredients and serve immediately or refrigerate.
*Bean sprouts spoil quickly, so unlike many other Korean sides, this dish cannot be kept for a long time in the refrigerator.