A sweet and nutty side dish, these seasoned black beans are a protein-filled complement to any Korean meal.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup black soy beans, washed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- In a small pot, bring water and beans to a boil and cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn down heat to medium-low and add soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil.
- Stir to combine and continue to cook for 10-15 minutes.
- If adding seeds, take pot off of heat and stir in sesame seeds.