A delicious and healthy Korean side dish, Hobak Jun (or Jeon) is easy to prepare and goes well with almost every Korean meal. The zucchini is coated in a thin batter of flour and egg, sauteed on both sides, and served with soy sauce for dipping.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium-large zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch coins
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp salt
- 1-2 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil (for saute pan)
- Distribute 1 tsp salt over zucchini slices.
- Add remaining 1 tsp salt to beaten egg.
- Put flour and egg in separate shallow dishes next to stove.
- Heat lightly greased saute pan to medium heat.
- Coat zucchini coins first with flour, and then dip and coat with beaten egg and place into pan.
- Saute zucchini for about 3-4 minutes per side, turning once, or until they are a light golden brown.
- You can serve with the basic or spicy dipping sauces or nothing at all.
(Serves 4 as a side dish).