Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 small-medium potatoes, peeled and cubed *
- 2 hard boiled eggs, yolks removed and cut into small chunks
- 1 small carrot, cut into small chunks
- 1/2 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small yellow or sweet onion, thinly sliced and diced
- 1 small apple, cut into small chunks
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of diced ham or Canadian bacon (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes. Add carrot (and eggs if not yet hard-boiled) for the last 8 minutes.
- While cooking, sprinkle salt on the cucumber and onion and let them sweat for about 10 minutes.
- Remove potatoes and carrot (and eggs) and let cool. If necessary, cut egg whites into small chunks.
- Rinse cucumber and onion lightly and squeeze out excess water with paper towels.
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients together gently with mayonnaise.
- Serve as a side dish or as a sandwich filling.
*Can leave the skin on if you're using red potatoes.