This fresh Korean scallion side is often served alongside grilled meat and seafood dishes in Korean restaurants. You can add it to your lettuce wraps or just treat it as another side dish or salad.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
- 4 scallions, sliced lengthwise into fine strips
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp kochukaru (Korean chili powder)
- Pinch of salt
- Soak the scallions in very cold water for 10 minutes so they have a good crunch.
- Drain the scallions.
- Combine all the seasoning ingredients with the scallions.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with grilled fish, meats or pork dishes.