This seasoned spinach “salad” is a light Korean side dish that can also be used in other Korean main dishes like chapchae (stir fried noodles), kimbap (rice and seaweed rolls), and bibimbap (rice with mixed vegetables).
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound spinach
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp sesame salt*
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp sugar
- Blanch the spinach in boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Remove spinach quickly and rinse in cold water.
- Gently squeeze the spinach to remove excess water.
- Mix soy sauce, sesame oil, seeds, salt, garlic, and sugar and mix into spinach.
(Serves 6 as a side dish)
* If you don't have sesame salt, you can add 1 tsp of salt and an additional 2 tsp soy sauce)