- 1/2 cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup frozen or fresh strawberries or blueberries
- toppings of your choice (fresh or frozen fruit, dried cereal, etc)
- Mix together, blending ingredients thoroughly.
- Freeze in freezer for at least two hours to overnight.
- If frozen for over three hours, remove yogurt from freezer and thaw for at least 10 minutes.
- Top with desired toppings or serve plain.
*If you don't like the tartness of plain yogurt, you can substitute vanilla or flavored yogurts. You can also use whole milk yogurt for a creamier, thicker texture. High quality yogurt is the best bet for this recipe, so try to get the best stuff you can. If you don't have any fruit, then you can use honey or 1 Tbsp of sugar to sweeten the yogurt before freezing. I used frozen blueberries, fresh strawberries, and cocoa crispies to make the yogurt in the photo.