Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 6 oz of beef or shrimp, sliced
- 3 cups soup stock (Korean beef or anchovy or a low sodium store-bought version)*
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and slices
- 1 small potato, cut into small chunks
- 1 green chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp daenjang (soybean paste)
- 1 Tbsp kochujang (chili pepper paste)
- 1 tsp chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cake of tofu, cut into small chunks
- 1 scallion, chopped
- If using beef, then saute beef until slightly browned in a soup pot. If using shrimp, then skip this step and just combine shrimp with vegetables.
- Add stock, onion, garlic, zucchini, potato, and pepper and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add soybean paste, chili pepper paste, pepper flakes (if using), and tofu.
- When the stew begins boiling again, turn off heat and add chopped scallions.
If you don't have homemade or store-bought stock, then you can use water but then increase the amount of soybean paste you use and salt to taste towards the end of cooking time.