Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 (1 lb) package Korean duk (flat oval rice cakes)
- 6 cups broth (beef, anchovy, or chicken)
- Soup soy sauce and pepper (to taste)
- 2 eggs, fried and sliced into thin strips
- Dried seaweed sheets, cut into thin slices
- 2 scallions, chopped (optional garnish)
- Soak rice cakes in cold water for about 20 minutes.
- Bring broth to a boil.*
- Season to taste with soup soy sauce and black pepper.
- Add rice cakes and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Ladle into individual bowls and then add egg and seaweed strips and scallions.
* If you are using store-bought broth, then mix 4 cups broth with 2 cups water and season with soup soy sauce.