Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 bunch of scallions, halved and cut into 2-3 inch lengths
- 1 tsp salt
- Oil for cooking
- Mix all ingredients together and let sit for about 10 minutes. Check consistency before cooking – batter should be a little bit runnier than American pancake batter, so that the Pa Jun cooks quickly and evenly.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat and coat with a thin layer of oil.
- Pour batter to fill pan in a thin layer (about 1/3 of your batter should fill a regular saute pan).
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until set and golden brown on bottom.
- Turn over with help of spatula or plate (or flip it in the air if you are good at that) and finish by cooking 1-2 more minutes, adding more oil if necessary.
- Serve with soy or spicy dipping sauce.
*You can also make these using the ready-make “Korean Pancake Batter” (Buchimgae) from the Korean of Asian grocery store. You just add ¾ cup water to every 1 cup of dry mix and add whichever vegetables you wish.